7 Tweets That Hilariously Sum Up How Hard It Is to Buy a House
Buying a home can be an incredibly stressful process. Although it’s exciting to look forward to having a new space to call your own, anyone who’s been through it before can tell you it’s not always as fun as it looks on HGTV.
As with everything in life, it’s a little bit easier if you can laugh at it. Whether you’re still toying with the idea of first-time home ownership, or real estate transactions are old hat for you, you’re sure to at least snort in recognition at these seven tweets.
1. This person who knows millennials can’t win when it comes to the economy
For the record, too much avocado toast is not the reason most millennials can’t afford to buy a home.
2. But at least they’re not the ones responsible for wall-to-wall carpeting
3. This is something I should know by now, right?
*Covertly googling all the big words my real estate agent throws around*
4. Once you download real estate listing apps, there’s no looking back
Where is the lie, though?
5. When you learn what an HOA is
Who cares more about where you park your car, than your opinion or long-term savings goals? Your HOA, that’s who.
6. The struggle is real when it comes to applying for a home loan
…yeah that sounds about right.
7. When you realize what exactly you’re giving up renting
Now that you’re house poor, you at least can burn the 250-page disclosure documents to stay warm.
More reads for first-time homebuyers:
- 45 Percent of People Don’t Know Who Pays Their Real Estate Agent—Do You?
- The Best Affordable City for Your Zodiac Sign
- 10 Cities Where It’s Actually Cheaper to Rent Than Buy
- I Thought I Was Watching ‘Attack of the Clones’—But It Was Just an Open House
- 8 Things Real Estate Agents Zero In On the Moment They Walk Through Your Door