Definitely Not the Sexiest Time You’ll Spend in the Bedroom This Year
One of the best moments of the Cure is when that oh-so-virtuous feeling when you’ve just completed a big weekend assignment kicks in and you can relax, just basking in the glow of your job well done. This weekend, we’re moving into the bedroom for a deep clean. It’s one of those jobs – like the first weekend’s floor assignment – that sounds (and is) very unsexy but has a powerful effect on the space (and you!) once you’ve done it. Your room will not only look better, it really will be a healthier, more restful place to sleep for months to come. Not bad for a few hours work.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
This Weekend’s Assignments
Pick up your weekly flowersEveryone deserves these beautiful blooms for sticking to the Cure, even if you have some catching up to do – you’ll get there, just jump back in on this weekend’s bedroom cleaning project and then play catch up with the other stuff later. We’re more than halfway through and you can do this!
Give your bedroom a good, deep clean.This should be a very thorough job. The aim is to rid the room of as much dust and potential allergens as possible. Here is a sample guideline deep clean plan that you can use as a checklist:
- Pick up and put away all clothes, books and belongings
- Declutter surfaces (remove change, jewelry, etc and put in proper places) Strip the bed
- Launder all bedding, including mattress and pillow covers
- Flip and/or rotate the mattress
- Vacuum curtains with brush attachment and/or clean blinds
- Clean windows and mirrors
- Dust all surfaces and wipe down light switches, fixtures and ceiling fan
- Push aside the bed, side tables and dressers and vacuum/clean under them
- Remake the bed
- Enjoy a sound sleep in your freshly cleaned room!
And, of course, we’ll all be around this weekend in the comment thread, so check in whenever you can and let us know how the bedroom – and anything else you’ve got in process – is coming along. Let’s stick together and finish this weekend strong!