Big news, Disney fans: now you can deck out your whole house, courtesy of the mouse. That's right, a new store dedicated exclusively to housewares has opened at Disneyland in Southern California.
Located in the Downtown Disney District, Disney Home sells (you guessed it) Disney-themed home goods from glassware to linens, kitchen accessories and more, according to a Disney Parks blog post about the opening. The curated assortment will also change seasonally.
But if you're a real Disneyphile, you'll notice that most of the selection is available elsewhere in the park and online (as pointed out in the blog post's comments). Though that is rather good news for those who are many miles from the SoCal brick and mortar; you can still snag some Be Our Guest dessert plates ($10) or Mickey kitchen tongs ($12.99) from the comfort of your own home.
According to Disney Parks, the opening of the Disney Home store is a part of the "continuous, promenade-wide transformation happening at the Downtown Disney District in 2018." Visitors can expect new venues to open as well as renovations to existing locations throughout the year. "The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing guests by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment," the post reads.
- A Star Wars Hotel Is Coming to Disney World
- 7 Plants for Your Garden Inspired by Disney's New Avatar Park
- Paint Tricks: Use Disney's "Go Away Green"
- If Disney Princesses Were Beautiful Rooms in Shelter Magazines
- This Palms Springs Pad Is Full of Disney Magic
- The Best Disney Soundtrack Ever, As Determined By a Totally Scientific, In No Way Subjective Ranking of Songs