Maybe you can have it all: spacious living (perfect for a family) in a vibrant, urban neighborhood. This four-bedroom Chicago home has hit the market (but we bet it won't be available for long).
1728 New Hampshire Ave NW Apt 201 Washington, DC 1 bedroom | 1 bath
Historic two-story, single-family home | full chef's kitchen | fireplace | fully restored old-growth wood floors throughout
Centrally located near public transit (3 blocks from L station)| walking distance to parks, restaurants, and shops
Located in Chicago's charming Old Irving Park neighborhood, this is a gorgeous, two-story single family home built in 1910 and restored to its unfussy elegance by the current owner (who is also a designer). As someone with two young children who loves living in the city, this is really the best of both worlds: a spacious family home that's situated in a quiet, urban neighborhood near public transit, shops, restaurants, and a major expressway.
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Beautiful upgrades to kitchen and bathrooms while restoring and maintaining original details like old-growth hardwood flooring.
- High ceilings and large windows for ample natural light.
- Four spacious bedrooms and two full-size bathrooms.
- Working fireplace in master bedroom.
- Dreamy elements for a family home: mudroom, full chef's kitchen, front porch (for reading, playing, and day dreaming during the summer), nice-sized backyard, two-car garage, quiet neighborhood.
- Spacious rooms that still feel cozy.
- Are you sighing yet? Can you hear me sighing? I can only imagine the memories waiting to be made in this home.
The property is listed for $725,000 exclusively by @properties.