Here Are All the Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving Day 2022
No matter who you are, forgetting something at the grocery store while shopping for Thanksgiving is almost always expected. Even the most advanced Thanksgiving hosts — armed with shopping lists and detailed plans — have found themselves leaving the store the day before the holiday thinking they have everything only to realize they’ve forgotten a key ingredient to their meal the morning of. And as a result, they end up driving around to figure out which grocery stores are open on Thanksgiving.
Luckily, some grocery stores have leaned into the natural human trait of needing something last-minute and remain open on the big day. In honor of your forgetfulness (and mine, too), this guide of where to shop — and where not to — for Thanksgiving will eliminate the guessing game you’ve probably played in years past. As hours may vary by region, however, you may want to call ahead of time to save yourself the disappointment and gas money.
Grocery Stores Open on Thanksgiving
- ACME Markets: Locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Albertsons: Some locations will be running on limited hours of 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Definitely call ahead.
- CTown: Open for regular hours, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- CVS: Always good in a pinch, even on Thanksgiving some locations will still be open 24 hours.
- Dollar General: Not only open on Thanksgiving, but open for an extra hour than usual, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fairway Market: Normal opening hours of 7 a.m., but make sure to call your closest location because they will be closing a little early, at different times.
- H.E.B: Open from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m., with curbside pickup available from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Kroger: Open with reduced hours nationwide, closing at 4 p.m.
- Safeway: Most locations will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wegmans: Known to be open every year, with most locations closing a little early around 4 p.m., still a good move to call ahead.
- Whole Foods: Open for modified hours nationwide; it would be a safe bet to call first.
Grocery Stores That Will Be Closed
- Trader Joe’s
- Sam’s Club
- Key Food