How To Fold a Fitted Sheet
Sneaking through college without learning to properly fold a fitted sheet is a forgivable offense. You spent quite a few years packing your brain with other valuable information, and to be honest, you were probably doing good just to get them laundered. But should you find yourself well beyond your college years, still sloppily folding the fitted sheet, well, this tutorial is for you.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
1. Start by giving the sheet a good shake, then fold it in half lengthwise.
2. Next, invert the corners on the top half of the sheet and nestle them into the corners of the layer below. I like to do this by using my pointer finger to find where the corner comes to a point, then pushing into the exact same spot/corner on the lower layer of the sheet. Once you’ve matched up the two sets of corners, the sheet will naturally fold over like in the photo above.
3. Repeat Step 2 by bringing the corners of the lower two layers of the sheet up and tucking them into the corners on the top half of the sheet. The sheet should now be folded into fourths.
4. Fold the side of the sheet that is laying nice and flat in towards the middle.
5. Bring the gathered side of the sheet in toward the middle so it lays on top of the last folded side.
6. Bring up the lower section of the sheet and fold over, fold over the top section, and you’re all set!
Now you should have a nice, flat sheet that behaves itself when stored away in the linen closet!
Edited from an original post published on January 17, 2008 by Grace Shu
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you’re making these days, and learning from our readers. When you’re ready, click here to submit your project and photos.