How To Keep Dark Denim From Bleeding On Your Furniture
No matter what price I pay for dark denim jeans, they always seem to bleed. Some are worse than others (one brand in particular seems to hemorrhage indigo) but they all are culprits. Here’s how to protect your furniture from a tough-to-remove stain:
It may not seem like that big of a deal, but just wait until you leave your (very unwanted) mark on a friend’s white Barcelona chair. Ever tried to remove indigo from white leather? Make sure that doesn’t happen! Treat your brand new jeans before wearing them with a simple soak.
What You Need
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- Sink, bathtub, or large bucket
- Fill up the bathtub or kitchen sink with cold water and add 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Turn jeans inside out and place in cold water.
- Let soak anywhere from 1 hour to overnight.
- Lay jeans flat and let air dry.
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you’re making these days, and learning from our readers. When you’re ready, click here to submit your project and photos.