Scents play a pretty significant role in my home, and I'm always searching for the perfect combo of comfort, cleanliness, and freshness. Creating your own room diffusers allow you the opportunity to make exactly the fragrance you are looking for — and it's way more cost effective than what you'll find in a boutique.
What You Need
- bamboo skewers or paper straws
- Essential Oils
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/3 cup mineral oil
- Vase or similar container
1. Combine the oil, water, and vodka in a small jar.
2. Select the essential oils you'd like to use. You can use just one oil, or a combo of various oils.
3. Add 30-40 drops of essential oil to the mixture.
5. Place the lid on the jar and shake to combine all ingredients. The vodka works as an emulsifier, allowing the oil and water to mix evenly. The oil will keep the other ingredients from evaporating too quickly.
6. You're almost there! Pour the contents of the jar into your container, add the reeds or straws and you're good to go!
If you're using paper straws, be sure everyone in your home knows not to drink the liquid! Yuck!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.