This Instagram Hack Transforms Boring Desktop Folders Into Cows and Other Custom Photos
Have you grown tired of the boring old desktop folders littering your laptop? Well, thanks to an Instagram hack, you can replace the folder icons with any image of your choosing.
- Download a transparent cow PNG file (photo with a transparent background) and drag it to your desktop
- Double-click to open the image in Preview
- In the top bar, click “Edit > Copy”
- Locate the file you want to change, and right-click on “Folder > Get Info”
- Select the folder icon in the top left corner of the pop-up screen
- Click “Edit > Paste”
And voila! Your boring folder is now an adorable virtual cow.
Needless to say, plenty of viewers were eager to try this easy desktop hack for themselves.
“HAHA I DID IT WITH DUCKS AND I MADE MY BACKGROUND A LEMON STAND AND I’M SO HAPPY!” one Instagram user wrote.
Another pointed out: “So essentially you could do this with any image.. like. I can make my trash folder a pic of my ex! 😂😂😂”
Other commenters chimed in with extra advice of their own. For example, one person offered a simple solution should you find a cute photo that isn’t transparent — visit remove.bg, “a background removing website that allows you to edit the pictures with some extras as well.”
Whether you decide to turn your photos into animals, flowers, or even people’s faces, this computer hack is here to help you out. Your desktop will thank you!