Johnny Carson’s Former Malibu Estate Asks $81.5 Million
Heeeeere’s Johnny’s house: an four acre Malibu estate once owned by late night king Johnny Carson is on the market for a whopping $81.5 million.
The Wall Street Journal reported this week that the current owners, producer Sidney Kimmel and his wife Caroline, bought the property from Carson’s estate in 2007 for about $46 million (Carson died in 2005).
The over 7,000 square foot main house has two bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, and a thirty-foot glass ceilinged atrium with an indoor arboretum. The property is on the bluff above Little Dume Beach, and comes with beach access. The house has multiple terraces, including a cascading waterfall that extends to the pool, as well as a sun deck, media room, and a bar/wine room.
There are also two acres of manicured gardens, a tennis court and pavilion that has two bedrooms, a kitchen, gym, and locker room (don’t worry, there’s a separate guest house, too).
And it’s largely how it was when Carson lived there: the Wall Street Journal notes that “Ms. Kimmel said they enlarged the kitchen and reconfigured some bedrooms, but didn’t change the house dramatically from when the Carsons owned it.”
More 8-figure LA real estate
- Check Out Cindy Crawford’s New $11.6M Beverly Hills Home
- Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi List Their Santa Barbara Villa for $45 Million
- Edward Norton Buys $11.8M Architectural Wonder in Malibu
- A Former Castle in Malibu Gets Rebuilt (With a New $80 Million Price Tag)
- Check Out Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe’s $16M Former Fairytale Bel Air Pad
- Floyd Mayweather Just Paid $26M Cash for this Beverly Hills Mansion