Name: Kimberlee Brown (& Chuck Bass the British Blue)
Location: Beulah Park, South Australia
Size: 82 square metres (883 square feet)
Years lived in: 3 years; Owned
I love this fresh, bright home Kimberlee has made so warm and inviting. An original single-fronted bluestone cottage with tin roof on a beautiful quiet tree-lined street, the home has been completely renovated and updated for modern living.
A long light-filled corridor leads you to the true heart of the house where Kimberlee loves to be social and entertain, or simply snuggle down into one of the comfy couches with her bow-tie wearing cat, Chuck.
Kimberlee runs her gorgeous online store Brown Button Trading from the front office, a which she describes as a "well-collected cache of delights that you didn't even realize you needed," and she would be right, for at the time of writing, I simply clicked to make a link and ended up being a new owner of a cobalt blue enamel tray (oops!).
It's the details that matter in a small home, and a fine balance to create cosy without clutter, and neat without being spare. Kimberlee keeps a fresh palette with pops of bold colour, art and fresh flowers that instantly put a smile on your face.
But not all is small! Kimberlee loves to entertain, and the large dining setting is testament to what I can only imagine would be some fabulous fun parties. An entire wall wallpapered in "Caviar" is an unexpected bold surprise - the impact when you walk into the room is amazing — I could have sat and admired it all day! Large bi-folds open here into a courtyard, creating another "outdoor room" with seating for many — the perfect place to be with friends on balmy afternoons.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
My Style: Colourful, modern, ordered (I am an accountant by trade, after all!)
Inspiration: Anna Spiro, Domino mag, Lonny mag, the set of The Mindy Project, Megan Morton, Shannon Fricke
Favorite Element: Even though I live alone, my home provides enough space to entertain and celebrate with family and friends, but not too big that I "rattle around it" ..
Biggest Challenge: Keeping Chuck from unwinding the toilet paper roll, and keeping furniture fur-free!
What Friends Say: That they always feel at home and relaxed here.
Biggest Embarrassment: I'm not very practical. When I moved in I had no furniture, but the first thing I bought was wallpaper in the kitchen!
Proudest DIY: My inspiration board in my study/ shop store room.
Biggest Indulgence: Cabinetry in the loungeroom — it's transformed the space and the house. Worth every cent.
Best Advice: Create your own style with the things you love. Trust your instinct and it will all come together.
Dream Sources/Wishlist: The Galerie, Miranda Skoczek artwork, Easton Pearson for Designer Rugs. Anything Tom Dixon, Set of Hans Wegner Wishbone chairs.
Resources of Note:
- 100% wool runners - Brown Button Trading
- Console table - Fantastic Furniture
- Frames, Cubes & Dish - Country Road
- Artwork - Marnie Gilder
STUDY / SHOP ROOM
- all Brown Button Trading products
- Large couch - Freedom Furniture
- White couch - 2nd hand
- Rug - Aura Home
- Cushions - the Bedroom Society from I Love Linen, Megan Park
- Artworks - Allposters, Society6, Rubie Green, Black & Spiro
- Coffee table - West Elm
- Table - Jack Horner Interiors
- Wallpaper - "Caviar" by Go Home, purchased from PaperRoom
- Ceramic vases - Brown Button Trading
- 1970's Perrier Poster - The Galerie
- Bromley limited edition tea towel ( framed ) - Third Drawer Down
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE: Check out past house tours here.
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!