Name: Mark, Levi, + Theo
Location: Upper East Side; New York City
Size: 400 square feet
Years lived in: 1.5 years; Rented
Mark and Levi both share a love for beautiful things. With Mark working for Artsy, an online destination for the art world, and Levi for the luxury American jewelry brand David Webb, they both spend their days surrounded by beauty. Stepping into their Upper East Side home, their creative perspective is evident as is the harmony with which they decorate their space.
In their own words: "Our backgrounds are in art and design history, so we pull inspiration from periods and artists that interest us. Mark’s interests tend toward modern and contemporary art, while Levi is more passionate about decorative arts and the 19th century. We’re both drawn to the functionality and clean lines that you find in the 20th century, mixed with the 19th century’s affinity for collecting objects with meaning. We’re hugely inspired by our work (Mark works for online destination Artsy, and Levi for jeweler David Webb) so we’re always pulling inspiration from new things we’re constantly being exposed to."
Our Style: We love the sentiment of mementos through a modern lens (an idea taken from one of our favorite books, Heirloom Modern).
Favorite Element: Right now we’re in love with the watercolors above the dining table that our friend Ben gifted us.
Biggest Challenge: Definitely working with the restrictions of a condo space.
Biggest Embarrassment: We gave up architectural character for ease of living and amenities, so our space isn’t as interesting as it could be if we lived elsewhere.
Proudest DIY: We’ve altered a number of pieces in the apartment, so we’re proudest of how our small DIYs work together.
Biggest Indulgence: Our bookcase from MASH studios.
Best Advice: Invest in furniture you can take with you and constantly edit and upgrade. It’s better to save for that one special piece than buy in bulk.
- White Cabinet: CB2
- Santorini Lena Table Lamp: Jonathan Adler
- Glass Shadow Box: West Elm
- Covered dish: Far4
- Umbrella stand: FAB
- Avec Sofa: CB2
- Torres Wool Kilim Rug: West Elm
- Coffee Table: Pacific Galleries
- Vase: Ben Medansky
- Coasters: TRNK
- Light: TRNK
- Prints: Marimekko, Tintin Shop, Uncommon Objects
- LAX Bookcase: MASH Studios
- Lisa Larsson Dachshund: Gustavsbergs Porslinsfabrik
- Favorite reads: Museum of the Weird, The Miraculous, Hello Mr., Yves Klein: With The Void, Full Powers, My Uncle Oswald, Color: A Natural History of The Palette, The Curious Lore of Precious Stones
- Artwork: Ben Wagner (@benfwagner on Instagram)
- Table: Crate and Barrel
- Chairs: Space Oddity Seattle
- Bench: Custom DIY
- Plates: Anthropologie + Fishs Eddy
- Goa by Cutipol Flatware: ABC Home
- Napkins: Crate and Barrel
- Glasses: Golden Calf + ABC Home
- Candles: Schoolhouse Electric + CB2
- Eames Hang-It-All: Design Within Reach
- Kettle: Le Creuset
- Bialetti Moka: Crate and Barrel
- Tray: Marimekko
- Armadillo: Uncommon Objects
- Oil + Vinegar Bottles: West Elm
- Bed: Ikea
- Duvet: Muji
- Glacier National Park Blanket: Pendleton
- Kompotti Pillow Sham: Marimekko
- Eyeball Sconce: Urban Outfitters
- Print: Andrea Bonin
- Mirror: CB2
- Porcelain Horseshoe: Take Heart
- Hamper: West Elm
- Trays: Fog Linen Work
- Towels: ABC Home
- Shower Curtain: Anthropologie
- Bud Vase: Heath Ceramics
- Rustic Storage Desk: West Elm
- Desk Chair: Space Oddity
- Small Notebook: Neue Galerie
- Large Notebook: Hay
- Fletcha Tea Mug: Spartan
- Dala Horses: Södra Skattkammaren Ankik & Kuriosa
Send us your own:
→ Share your home with Apartment Therapy: House Tour Submission Form
→ Are you a designer/architect/decorator? Share your residential project: Professional Submission Form.
→ And see all of our past house tours here
Updated daily with fresh tours full of photos for you to pin & enjoy!