Editing Your Home to Happiness: Our Best Decluttering Strategies
Clutter, probably more than cleanliness, affects our sense of well-being at home. And in a place where we should feel relaxed, refreshed, and most like ourselves, it’s imperative to shed anything that makes us feel otherwise. Here are our top tips for sorting through and shedding the clutter energy-zappers that drag us down. Cheers to a clutter-less fresh start!
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
Lists of Things to Purge Right Now
Decluttering begets decluttering. Clear out the items in these lists right now to give you some get-up-and-go for a decluttering marathon.
Cultivating a Decluttering Mentality
Without a sharp eye on creeping clutter, it takes over before we know it. Staying mentally on top of the chaos — before it encroaches physically — can help save your sanity.
Decluttering Specific Areas
Clutter multiplies, creating zones in our home that need particular attention. Here are some typical clutter hotspots (as well as some atypical ones) and strategies for keeping them clear.
- The Top Clutter Hotspots in Every Home (and How To Conquer Them Quickly)
- One Simple Rule Will Keep Incoming Mail from Taking Over Your Home
- 3 Ways to Make Sure Your Dining Room Table is Always Clear for Meals
- 7 Ways Your Phone Can Help You Declutter
- The Space-Hogging Mess You Always Forget About: How To Declutter Your iPhone
- A Foolproof Method for Finally Slaying Your Paper Clutter Monster
Decluttering Maintenance and Shortcuts
While decluttering no doubt leaves us breathing easy, most of us would rather minimize the amount of time we spend doing it. Following are some ways to keep clutter at bay and to make a decluttering session zippy.