If you're looking to leave on a jet plane, now might be a good time to book a ticket. Southwest is having a sale and prices for one way trips start at just $42.
If you want to get away between October 31 and December 19 (excluding Thanksgiving), and from January 3 to February 14, that's when most of the sale fares are available. The best prices are for flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, mostly.
Some sample trips include Albuquerque to Los Angeles for $49 one way, Austin to Boston for $58 one way, Atlanta to Chicago for $79 one way, and Houston to New Orleans for $42 one way. There are even some low prices for international destinations; leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, you can head to Belize or Grand Cayman for $59, and Havana or Cancun for $89.
Check out all routes included over on Southwest. The sale ends at 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 12 in the timezone of your departure city, so don't wait around too long.
More travel tips
- The Way to Make the Most of Your Next Vacation Actually Requires No Planning at All
- The Best Time to Book Thanksgiving Travel to Save Money
- The 3 Things Experienced Travelers Always Take to the Airport
- Plan Your Leaf Peeping: Here's When Fall Foliage Will Peak Across The US
- A Short Guide to Traveling Light: 5 Rules to Help You Pack Less
- As Seen on TV Homes to Book for In Real Life Vacations
h/t Southern Living