10 Ways to Update & Decorate a Basic Cork Board
While shopping for a bulletin board to hang above my home office desk, I was shocked to discover how much this home office essential can fetch from some decor retailers. And adorned with something special like an ornate frame? Forget it. Inexpensive cork boards from office stores are much more budget-friendly and they can be customized with paint or fabric for a more luxe appearance…
Each of these projects arts with the same few steps:
- Head to a big-box office supply store or search online.
- Grab a basic corkboard for cheap, like this 24″x36″ $9.97 model shown above.
- Get crafty by embellishing with paint, tape, fabric, hardware and even wrapping paper will transform a basic board into something with style.
Just ask one of these creative blogs and websites:
- Paint it With a Chevron Design, This is Happiness
- Give it Stripes, Milo & Ben
- Paint it with Ombre Color Blocks, A Bubbly Life
- Cover it with Patterned Fabric, The Happy Housie
- Cover it With Woven Burlap, Jones Design Company
- Cover it with Fabric and Add Hardware, Nooga
- Stick it with a Decal, Better Homes and Gardens
- Wrap it Like a Gift (Wrapping Paper and Patterned Tape), Omiyage Blogs
- Make a Unique Balsa Wood Frame, The Alison Show
- Give it Shutters, Crafty Nest
(Images: As linked above)