My personal cleaning schedule builds in one day a week to do a deep cleaning task that needs to be done monthly. Honestly, though, I'm rarely on-schedule enough that these monthly projects aren't bumped out to catch up on skipped weekly chores. Whether a deep cleaning project is a catch-up task for you or it gets you ahead of the game, this weekend we're going to pick something to clean deeply.
Apartment Therapy Weekend Projects is a guided program designed to help you get the happy, healthy home you've always wanted, one weekend at a time. Sign up now for email updates so you never miss a lesson.
This Weekend's Assignment:
Pick one deep cleaning project (just one!) and do it.
Getting any one of these more arduous cleaning tasks this weekend will send you into the week with at least one area of your home extra bright.
Here are a few to choose from:
- Wash your curtains
- Wash your walls, including "erasing" them with a magic eraser
- Dust and polish your baseboards
- Clean your front door
- Shampoo your rugs
- Empty your bookshelves, declutter their contents, and dust them
- Clean your light fixtures
- Seal and/or polish your granite
- Empty, declutter, and wipe your cabinets, inside and out
- Clean your oven
- Freshen your mattresses
- Dust your picture frames and clean the glass
- Spot clean upholstered furniture and thoroughly vacuum under and between the cushions
- Condition leather furniture
- Dust and polish all wood furniture
- Wash your windows, including screens
- Clean your window tracks and sliding door tracks
- Empty your fridge and deep clean it
- Clean your grout
- Clean your small appliances
Which will you do?
Remember: This is about improvement, not perfection. Each week you can either choose to work on the assignment we've sent you, or tackle another project you've been meaning to get to. It's also completely okay to skip a weekend if you're busy or not feeling the assignment.