What's the difference between collecting and clutter? I ask myself that question often as I'm guilty of buying multiples of (too) many things. You can avoid clutter status by putting your beautiful collections on display. Here are 16 examples of great collections—including my own tea cup collection!
There's something so interesting about seeing what people just can't get enough of and how they choose to show them off — "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts" comes to mind. Each item is beautiful in its own way but so much more interesting when part of a collection.
- My own tea cup collection on display and each to grab, as seen on The Sweet Escape.
- Vintage turquoise Pyrex collection in the kitchen, from Dans La Lakehouse.
- Large glass bottle collection, spotted on Eclectically Vintage.
- Button collection in vintage jars, from Country Living.
- Framed vintage brooch collection, seen on Elsita.
- Framed cameras on display, spotted on Digifotopro.
- Dinosaurs in a row, featured on A Thousand Words.
- A stylish globe grouping, from Real Simple.
- Vintage handkerchiefs as art, as seen on House & Home.
- Life imitating art with a jadeite collection spotted on Farmhouse Porch.
- Mirrors, mirrors, on the wall - seen on Itswhatiminto.
- An eclectic plate collection as art, as seen on this Apartment Therapy house tour.
- Form AND function with hanging scissor collection spotted in this studio space on Refinery29.
- A sock monkey collection to make you smile, featured on Real Simple.
- A collection of vintage landscape paintings never looked so great, Better Homes & Gardens via Decor8.
- Milk glass collection, from Emil un die grossen Schwestern (German)