Project by: Jenna Piccirillo of PICCISTUDIO
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
This bedroom needed to house two growing pre-teen boys and provide space for them to sleep, study and hang out with friends. Jenna Piccirillo's solution is the stuff kids' dreams are made of and include a room-within-a-room treehouse.
Jenna tells us about the project:
The challenge of this project was to design a bedroom for two growing pre-teenage boys to share while considering their own individual needs for privacy. I created an environment that’s more than a just a bedroom...it very well could be a small estate. There is an indoor, multi-level tree house as their private quarters and a comfortable shared lounging area that is public and out in the open where the boys can comfortably entertain friends or just hang out.
My goal in creating any child's space is to create a place that will inspire for a lifetime.
- Wallpaper: Eazywallz, custom image through PICCISTUDIO.com
- Paint: Benjamin Moore, OC-17, White Dove
- Area rug: Masland, Twist and Shout, Locomotion
- Bed drapery fabric: Kravet, washed linen, white
- Hardware drapery: Ikea, Kvartal
- Sectional: in the style of Michel Ducaroy's Togo seating
- Coffee tables: Quinze & Milan Jellyfish ottomans
- Floor cushions: Ronel Jordaan, wool stones
- Desk chairs: in the style of Verner Panton's, Panton Chair
- Cage console: CB2, peekaboo clear rolling two shelf
- Bed structure: designed by Jenna Piccirillo through PICCISTUDIO.com
- Trundle beds: The Wood Market, twin 6-drawer storage
- Chandelier: designed by Jenna piccirillo through PICCISTUDIO.com
- Sconce: Robert Abbey, Bruno Scissor Arm Wall Sconce
Thank you Jenna!
Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through ourProfessional Project Submission Form.