Behr Paint Is Hiring a Color Explorer to Travel the World And Help Name New Paint Colors

updated Oct 3, 2023
We independently select these products—if you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing.
Post Image
Credit: jagcz

Behr Paint just posted what is perhaps the coolest summer “job” we’ve ever seen: an opportunity to travel the U.S. and Canada for some color inspo with the intent of helping to develop and name the company’s newest paint colors. Curious? Here are the details.

The company is sending one lucky candidate to vibrant destinations and events, with potential experiences including kayaking the glacial blue waters of Lake Louise in Banff, Canada, taking in the brightly colored historic homes of Charleston’s Rainbow Row, and soaking up the sights and sounds of a music festival. Behr’s first-ever Color Explorer will be paid a $10,000 stipend, and their travel expenses (including flights, lodging, and experiences) will be covered by the company.

The Color Explorer will be responsible for taking detailed field notes and photos at each stop and sharing their journey on social media and the Colorfully Behr blog. After their travels, they will work with Behr’s color marketing team at their Orange County, California, headquarters to develop and name new paint colors inspired by their trip.

“People are fascinated by the paint color-naming process,” Erika Woelfel, Vice President of Color and Creative Services at Behr Paint, said in a release. “It requires a lot of time and creativity, because each name tells a micro-story about the specific shade. Our color experts travel the globe tracking down emerging color trends, and we’re excited to give our Behr Color Explorer a glimpse into this process by sending them on a search for new, dynamic hues to add to Behr Paint’s color collection.”

Interested applicants can apply here. Applications are due by May 15. A release notes that applicants must be at least 21 years of age and a resident of the continental U.S. or Canada with a valid passport.