Elke’s Sweet As Honey Space
Location: NSW Australia
Room Size: 10×10 square feet
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
After sharing her older daughter Pippi’s space a few months ago, I waited with baited breath to see what amazing space Emily of The Beetleshack was going to come up with for her new baby, and she didn’t disappoint. Inspired by Rebekka Seale’s stamped bumblebee walls, Emily set about getting a similar look with removable wall stickers, and it made the space. The touches of gold combined with vintage finds, modern accessories, and whimsical touches create a sweet-as-honey space for little Elke.
How would you describe the look and feel of this room?
I wanted something fresh and simple for a nursery but true to our personal aesthetic which is colorful and playful.
What is your favorite piece or element?
I am completely in love with the boucherouite rug from Beyond Marrakech. It is hands-down my favorite piece, along with the whimsical Made by Mosey hot air balloon. Nothing like a little bit of handmade Aussie love. 🙂
What was the biggest challenge decorating this room?
It’s quite a small room that is at the end of the hall and wedged between two other bedrooms. It provides the access to our master bedroom, so it needed to be sparsely decorated and uncluttered, which is not my forte.
What do your friends say about the room?
They think it’s a practical use of the tiny room at the end of the hall. 😉
Do you have any advice for parents creating a room for their child?
Make it fun.
If money were no object, what’s your dream source?
I feel like I’ve used many of my dream sources.
- Boucherouite Rug: Beyond Marrakech
- Crib: IKEA
- Crib Bedding: Lovely Home Idea
- Hot Air Balloon Mobile: Made by Mosey
- Otomi: The Toucan Shop
- Yellow Blanket: Little Tienda
- Stanley Doll: Little Pie Street
- Succulent Plant: Octopus’s Garden
- Bee Wall Stickers: Look Sugar
- 1920’s Mirror: Bayside Vintage
- These are the Golden Days Print: Foundry
- Embroidery Hoop Fabric: Walter G
- Hanging Baskets: IKEA
- Change Table Cover: Eco Nino
- Linen Buckets: Lumiere
- Button Back Chair/Vintage, Floor Mat Under Chair: Urban Outfitters
- Striped Knitted Blanket: La DeDah Kids
- Sleepy Face Pillow: Little Me Little You
- Chest of Drawers: find similar
- Ceramic Pulls: Uniquely Exotic
- Yellow Circle Artwork: I Need Nice Things
- Yellow fence Artwork: I Need Nice Things
- Stylist: Briar Stanley
Thanks, Emily! Readers, you can see more of Emily by visiting her blog, The Beetleshack.
(Images: Emily/The Beetleshack)
• MORE KIDS’ ROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID’S SPACE