How To Make a Friendship Necklace for Your Bestie
Here’s a fast and easy DIY on how to create fun, colorful friendship necklaces for you and your best friend(s). Give them as gifts for Galentine’s Day and tell your girls how much you love having them in your life!
What You Need
1. Take off a section of clay and start rolling it with your wooden pin onto a clean, dry surface. You want keep going until the clay circle is just large enough to accommodate your cookie cutter. Don’t go too thin or you won’t be able to get your eye hook to stay in.
2. Press the cookie cutter into the clay to get the shape, and remove the heart from the rest of the clay.
3. Using the X-Acto knife, cut a zigzig shape down the center of the heart. Neaten it up and smooth it out once you’ve separated the two pieces, so there are no hanging bits of clay or stray knife marks.
3. Screw the eye hooks into each heart section.
4. Bake in the oven following instructions on your package of clay. These were baked at 275 degrees for about 30 minutes.
5. Using a paint pen or just paint, draw a design on each heart section, then string on some chain, and you are good to go!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you’re making these days, and learning from our readers. When you’re ready, click here to submit your project and photos.