The old adage, "I don't want to be a part of a club that would have me as a member" was clearly coined in the pre-Costco (pc) era. Costco memberships, while reasonable, are often just not worth it for the casual bulk buyer, but boy are they tempting. But good news abounds! You can now shop at Costco without a membership.
Thanks to Google Express, you can now shop at Costco, a lone wolf without a membership, from the comfort of your own home. "There must be a catch!" You may say to yourself after several minutes of fantasizing about never waiting in one of those long Costco lines again. And you would be right! Delivery is unavailable for people living in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, South Carolina, Utah, and Wyoming and there is a 10% access fee for folks without a membership.
Sure you'll miss out on the food court and the chance to spot the elusive Costco Eames chair in the wild, but as temperatures drop staying inside and ordering enough cookie dough to last through at least five Nor'easters doesn't sound like that bad of a deal.
More Costco news:
- Drop What You're Doing: This "It" Plant Is Available At Costco
- Good News, Bulk Buying Brides: Costco Now Has a Wedding Registry
- Shop Like a Decorator: A Designer's Favorite 6 Things From Costco
- The Best Home Finds at Costco (Membership Not Required!)
- These Towels Are the Best Thing I Ever Bought From Costco
h/t Fast Company