Reset Your Home for the New Year with the (Free!) 2023 January Cure — Sign Up Now!
It’s safe to say that 2022 has been a transformative time, but as it comes to an end, I’m looking for a chance to reset and re-center in the year ahead, especially at home.
So, if you’re anything like me, hoping to take this new year as a chance to renew your place — whether it’s a simple refresh or complete transformation — then I have just the solution for you: Apartment Therapy’s annual January Cure, which kicks off Monday, Jan. 2, 2023.
It’s one of Apartment Therapy’s longest and most beloved traditions — and for good reason. You’ll be treated to easy, daily assignments throughout the month that’ll help you reset your home, through cleaning, decluttering, and revamping your space. We’ll also help you carve out some time to thoroughly enjoy your place more too.
You can sign up right now, using the email signup box below (or you can sign up here).
What is the January Cure?
The January Cure is a completely free 20-day program all about resetting your home for the year ahead. Starting on Monday, Jan. 2, 2023, participants will receive an assignment in their inbox: each one focused on cleaning, decluttering, or simply appreciating your home.
It’ll be guided by me, Stephanie Nguyen, Apartment Therapy’s cleaning and organizing editor — and I’ve invited some exceptional guests to join in on the fun this year.
Here’s a special sneak peek at our stunning lineup of “guest cure-ators,” who’ll be sharing their expert knowledge and helpful tips throughout the program:
- Ría Safford is the beauty and brains behind RíOrganize, a luxury home organization company with branches in Southern California and Northern Texas.
- Christine Platt is an author and advocate, also known as the Afrominimalist.
- Rachel Cho is a New York-based floral designer, renowned for her dexterity, innate artistry, and impeccable design sense.
- Cassandra Aarssen is the creator of Clutterbug, a philosophy and community dedicated to helping people discover their unique organizing style.
- Brandon Pleshek is a third-generation janitor with a passion for teaching others how to clean things up.
- Apartment Therapy’s executive home director Danielle Blundell
- Apartment Therapy’s home projects director Megan Baker Detloff
- Vanesa Amaro is a housekeeper and popular cleaning content creator, whose videos motivate people to clean and teach them her insider knowledge.
- Lori Williamson is the creator behind the popularly known NowItsClean TikTok, and Instagram accounts.
- Apartment Therapy’s founder, CEO, and Cure creator Maxwell Ryan
How do I join?
Joining is quick and easy: all you have to do is sign up with your email in the box below or on this signup page. Then we’ll send those 20 assignments straight to your inbox, every Monday through Friday morning in January.
What can I expect?
We’re going to focus on resetting our homes, so you can expect some cleaning and organizing, as well as working on key home projects. Some days we’ll tackle messes and clutter spots and others we’ll lighten up and revamp our rooms. We’re also going to create a plan of action so that you can finally get to all those projects you’ve been meaning to do.
It’s all about making changes — big or small — but taking this at your own pace. If you need to skip a day, spend extra time on one task, or have any trouble along the way — it’s OK to take a step away and come back another day. This process should work for you. Feel free to tackle each day with us, have a catch-up day, or rework tasks to fit your schedule. (You’ll be able to see the full task calendar on day one of the January Cure!)
The January Cure is such a wonderful opportunity to restore some order and show some appreciation for your home and all that it’s done for you (especially these last few years). And hopefully, this will allow us to open the door to more positive things in 2023.
In the end, I hope you’ll feel refreshed and that you’ve spent this time cultivating your best home yet. You can learn more by signing up now and we hope to see you on Jan. 2!
The Cure Program is a tradition here at Apartment Therapy — it happens every January, April, and September. Click here to learn more about the year-round program and when to sign up.