Part of my motivation behind doing the Style Cure this year was to reclaim our main living space. It has been a whirlwind of a year for us and we pack a lot of living into not a lot of square footage.
Unfinished projects, leftovers from our wedding and all of the (amazing) gifts from our guests left us with an apartment that felt like it was always almost there, but not quite.
While making drastic changes wasn't really an option, a lot of little tweaks and a few rounds of decluttering made a big difference with how the space looks, feels and functions. Taking the time and investing some resources into creating a space that would meet our needs as well as be a pleasure to spend time in was well worth the effort.
This (below) is where we started. If you're curious, you can see the rest of the before photos here. Click through the slideshow above for all of the after shots. Thanks for following along with me!
- Couch: Restoration Hardware
- Bookshelf: DIY
- Rug: Rugs USA
- Poufs and Sheepskin: Ikea
- Barcart: Flea Market
- Moroccan Wedding Pillows: Pottery Barn
- Basket: Target
- Blanket: Faribault + Target
- Dog Bowls: Waggo
- Artwork on Wall: "Paint Chips" Anna Korkobcova, "Botanical California" Platinum Jungle, "So Much" Clare Elsaesser, "Fox and Flower No. 9890" Kari Herer, "The Science of Missing You" Stasia Burrington, Abstract Painting, DIY
- Artwork over Barcart: DIY
- Engineering Print Over Sofa: DIY printed at Kinko's, photo by Kim Lucian
- Soap Pump and Dishsoap Dispensor: West Elm
- Marble Paper Towel Rack: West Elm
- Dish Towels: DIY
- Wine Rack: West Elm
- File Boxes: Ikea
MORE OF KIM'S STYLE CURE:
- Kim's Interview: Beautiful Classics with an Edge
- Kim's Style Scouting: Texture, Vignettes and an Abundance of Plants
- Kim's Before Photos: Tackling a Multi-Tasking Space
- Kim's Floor Plan: A Compact Layout
- Kim's Wall Decor & Project: Gallery Wall & Kitchen Accessories
- Kim's Style Cure Progress: Getting Closer to the Finish Line
- Kim's 2013 Cure