Let’s Do This! Fill a Blank Wall in Your Home
Welcome to our very first Apartment Therapy Weekend Project. This weekend, the project is to fill a blank wall in your home with something you’ve been meaning to hang. Read on and join other Apartment Therapy readers as we all work on this simple assignment that’s sure to create a big style boost in just a little bit of time…
Weekend Project: Fill a Blank Wall in your Home
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
Start by deciding which blank wall needs filling. Walk around your home – is there a glaringly blank wall crying out for some attention? Or perhaps it’s just a small corner that needs a little love.
Next, decide what you’re going to fill it with – maybe that artwork that’s just been waiting to get hung, a collection of framed photos or some simple DIY wall art. Hang one big piece or find smaller pieces that compliment one another.
Then, create your list of supplies to pick up before the weekend. Make sure you’ve got the art (ready to hang), the appropriate nails, screws or anchors needed plus any other tools you might need like a level, tape measure, pencil, hammer and more.
Apartment Therapy blogger Lauren Hufnagl is tackling this weekend assignment, too. On Saturday morning, she’ll take us through her process of gathering the art she’s been meaning to hang and her easy method to lay out a gallery wall. On Sunday, we’ll see her inspiring end result and the resources for the art she used.
And don’t forget to share your project with the group on social media:
Take quick photos of your “before” blank wall and the gorgeous end result “after” and then post and tag on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Tumblr with #atweekendproject. We’ll be looking for you!
On Framing & Hanging Art
- How To: Create a Gallery Wall
- How To: Hang Your Artwork and Not Screw It Up
- Ditching the Frame: Simple Alternative Ways to Hang Art
- Ideas for Hanging Artwork Without Leaving Holes in the Wall
- How To Hang Artwork Using a Story Pole
- Art Tip: Hang a Gallery Art Wall on The Floor First
- How To Hang Art: Apartment Therapy Video Roundup
- Frugal Living: How To Frame Your Art on the Cheap
- DIY Ideas for Framing Large Artwork
- How To Make a Magnetic DIY Frame for Artwork…in 10 Minutes
- 15 Free (or Nearly Free) DIY Ways to Fill & Refresh Your Framed Art
- Large DIY Wall Art Projects for Really, Really Cheap
- DIY Wall Art: 10 Fun & Affordable Ideas to Add Personality to a Rental
- 9 Easy DIY Art Projects from Favorite Blogs
- Inspiration: Hanging Art in Themed Groups
- Look! Art Collections in the Bathroom
- Big Art in the Bedroom
- Big Art in Small Spaces
- Big Art Makes A Big Impact in Kids Rooms
- Gallery Wall Inspiration: 10 Examples of Frames Hung on a Grid
- Gallery Wall Inspiration: Eclectic Layouts
- Gallery Wall Inspiration: Small Frames, Smaller Pictures
- Re-Thinking the Gallery Wall: 10 Funky New Ideas
- Composing a Gallery Wall Around the TV
- Try This: A Gallery Wall in the Bedroom
Want the scoop on what the Weekend Projects are all about? Here you go.