Have you inherited some vintage silver, brass or copper pieces and have no idea what to do with them or how to display them in your more modern space? If you have some sentimental pieces sitting in a box collecting dust, here's how to incorporate them into your everyday decor. You'll look at those old silver creamers at the thrift shop in a whole new light.
2. Use a mixed collection of pieces with flowers in the same color family for a stunning mantle display, spotted on Lonny.
3. Flex your DIY skills and repurpose some vintage candle stick holders and plates to make a multi-tiered jewellery holder, tutorial on The DIY Adventures.
4. What a simple but great way to mix the old with the new. Simply place your vintage candle stick holder & candle into a tall modern glass vase for a sophisticated look, as seen on Bows & Arrows.
5. Turn vintage bowls or pots into hanging planters like this DIY from A Beautiful Mess.
6. Create an eclectic centerpiece using various vintage metals and adding some glass to lighten it up. Keep the flowers simple or in the same color family like this display I did in my own loft on The Sweet Escape.
7. Repurpose a large vintage pot as a storage bin for wood or other items you want easy access to like this one spotted on Design Sponge.
8. Dress up your bathroom or makeup table by using vintage silver containers to hold your brushes etc., as seen on Hannas Sjarmerende Gjenbruk (in Norwegian)
9. Turn a tray on it's side (literally) and give it a whole new functional use as a magnetic board in the kitchen, seen on Live Love DIY.
10. If you love the process and hunt of collecting, display your collection in large glass jars or vase as decor like this collection of vintage napkin rings found on Muddy Boot Antiques.
11. Add a pop of vintage into your glam bar area by using a tray for what it's meant for and keeping your spirits and barware organized, seen on Style me Pretty.