Above the Fray in a Small Manhattan Penthouse (with Private Roof Deck)
Having private outdoor space in New York City is on the wishlist of many (most?) residents here. We’re drawn to the hustle and bustle of the city, but at the same time we’re always looking for places to retreat and re-energize. I imagine this 287 square foot roof deck would be just the antidote to the urban whirl below.
- 160 East 26th Street, 6L Manhattan, New York City
- 1 bedroom | 1 bath | 23′ x 12’6″ private roof deck
- Located in the Kips Bay neighborhood of Manhattan | pet-friendly building | central laundry room
- $799,000 | $1,689 monthly maintenance
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- The pre-war building is within walking distance of the 6 train, Madison Square Park and Union Square.
- The living room includes a wood-burning fireplace (#hyggegoals) as well as an exposed brick wall (quintessential NYC style).
- The unit has a triplex layout. In New York, having stairs even in a small apartment can feel luxurious.
- A window in the small kitchen provides natural light and ventilation.
- The nearly 300 square foot roof deck is just waiting for your next cocktail or dinner party. It’s also ideal if you have a green thumb or would like to cultivate one.
We’re guessing someone will snatch this one up in time to enjoy summer breezes on the roof. The property is listed for $799,000 by Stribling
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you’re not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven’t done home inspections or anything, so don’t sue us). If you see a listing you think we’d like, email our tip line at firstname.lastname@example.org.