8 Cool & Compact Futuristic Showers
Sorry if we’re sci-fi geeking a bit, but this Folding Shower shown above looks straight from The Fifth Element, specifically the scene where Korben Dallas (B. Willis) has to push Leeloo (an unforgettable Milla Jovovich) into a hideaway shower. Designed specifically for small space dwellers, this French designed shower is seeking a manufacturer, so it’s not yet on the market, but we think would be perfect for people who decide to convert their spare closets into a bathroom.
We’ve collected 7 additional future forward shower/bathrooms that save space, yet offer plenty of features below:
- The Folding Shower: besides the uber-compact space saving form factor, we like how the design keeps all the hardware hidden behind the panel.
- Roca Cocoon Shower and Bath by Arina Komarova: a shower, bath tub, hydro massage all in one, all shaped like an egg from Aliens.
- Vismaravetro’s Shower and Washer in One: renters like yourselves often dream of having a washer/dryer combo in the apartment; this might be an answer (albeit a pricey one)
- Etoile Shower: Etoile combines hydrotherapy, chromatherapy and a radio into one modern high tech shower column, taking your plain ole shower into the realm of entertainment.
- Vado Tentacle Shower Head: returning to one more sci-fi movie reference, this shower head looks strikingly familiar. Hope you’ve got your EMP bomb powered up before stepping in!
- The Vertebrae: sure, it looks a bit institutional, but you’ve got to admire how much utility is fit into such a small form factor. All it needs is a stand for our iPad and we’re set.
- The Automatic Transtube Shower By Roca: if you’re one who really likes automated features, then this is the shower for you; the shower doors open automatically using motion sensors.
- Qbic Tiny LED Illuminated Bathroom: the opinion is split about LED mood lighting in the home, but this modular 23-square-foot hotel room comes complete with a Philippe Starck designed bathroom where you can shower under nightclub lighting.