Growing up, I had a pretty well defined gift opening tradition: go see a movie Christmas Eve (to pass the time for my sister and I anxiously waiting for Christmas Day), then open one gift when we returned home that night. Then, Christmas morning, we'd wake up, sort our gifts, and then each take turns to open one gift at a time while the others watched. It wasn't until I gained an extended family that I found out not everyone had this tradition...
The first time I celebrated Christmas with my step-family, my step-sister was shocked at how we only opened one gift at a time. She wanted to open them all at once! Everyone all at the same time! I had, up until that point, not really thought about that as an option, but was more than happy to change our tradition when we celebrated Christmas together. Now, I love watching her children tear open gifts with pure joy and excitement. It goes by very quickly, but the energy of all the kids going to town opening the gifts is very entertaining.
What are your holiday present opening traditions? Share in the Comments!
More holiday tradition ideas:
- Keeping Up Old Holiday Traditions & Making New Ones
- How To Start Making Your Own Holiday Traditions Right Now
- Hiding the Pickle & Other Weird Holiday Traditions
- 5 Fun Outdoor Holiday Traditions to Start this Weekend
- Starting Fresh: How Do You Create New Traditions?
- Share Your Favorite Holiday Traditions