Kenzie’s Fresh and Fabulous Room
Name: Kenzie Francey (3.5)
Rachelle is a cool hunter extraordinaire of all things stylishly kiddie. So naturally when it was time to design her own daughter Kenzie’s room, it was going to be, well, cool. The result, with so much white and a number of references to snowy mountain tops, is a stylish, colorful, quirky room epitomizing a proverbial breath of fresh Swiss Alps air.
What was your inspiration for the room?
I am really inspired by Scandinavian design, so I wanted to create a space that reflected that look.
What is your favorite element in the room?
My favorite element in the room is the built-in desk. I saw a built-in desk that was recently featured in La Petite Magazine, and I knew I had to do that in Kenzie’s room. I had a family friend come over and put it together.
Before starting, what did you know you wanted to include, for sure?
I knew I wanted to do one wall of wallpaper. I then spotted the Harlequin Wallpaper from Ferm Living, and fell in love!
What was your proudest DIY?
My proudest DIY has to be the hanging wood piece. I got a tree branch that I painted white, hung it up, then placed cute items on it. I love the way it turned out!
What was your biggest indulgence?
My biggest indulgence was the beautiful Kalon Studio’s Echo Toddler Bed. I really love this simple piece, which makes such a huge statement in the room!
Any advice for other people starting this process?
I think these are great steps to take when decorating our childs space:
• Get inspiration by browsing the internet and bookmarking your favorite kid rooms
• Ask your child questions like what their favorite color is, items etc …
• Only follow the trends if they work for you
• Do consider built-ins
If money was no object, what would your dream source be?
My dream source would be anything from Creme Anglaise.
• Wallpaper: Harlequin Wallpaper, Ferm Living
• House-shaped Wall Display Unit: The Dorm, Ferm Living
• Pillows: Luckyboysunday, Mash n Gravy
• Cloud Pillow: Noodoll
• White Bunny Lamp: Lapin Lamp, Lapin & Me
• Green Bunny Lamp: Granny Green Lapin Lamp, Lapin & Me
• Knitted Mountain Pouf: Kebnekaise, Little Red Stuga
• Yellow Rocking Seat: Hut-Hut Kids Resin by Kalon Studios, Maromeria
• Garlands: Hip Hooray Garlands, Maromeria
• Bed: Eco Toddler Bed, Kalon Studios
• Mountain Poster: Up, Fine • Little Day Bedding: Zef, Smallable
• Pendant Light: E27 Pendant Light, Design Within Reach
• Kids Chair: Lilly Bamboo Chair, Smallable
• Masking tape: Pretty Tape, Etsy
(Images: Rachelle Wilde)
• MORE KIDS ROOMS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID’S SPACE