Can you get a sleeper sofa for under $500? Yes, you can, it turns out — and even one that looks pretty decent. These 10 sofas are probably not the best choice for sleeping on every night, but if you have guests often and want to provide them with a place to crash that's not an air mattress on the floor, these are all excellent options.
This is one of the cheapest sleeper sofas I could find anywhere. It's pretty no-frills, but for $126, you could do a lot worse (and if you have Amazon Prime you'll get free shipping, to boot).
This fold-out futon has some pretty nice detailing for its low price.
This stylish futon looks just like a real sofa — and at $284, the price is hard to beat.
If you love the look of tufting, this might be just the thing. It's almost like a Chesterfield without the trademark roll arms.
Our Previous Lists:
- The Top 15 Best Sleeper Sofas & Sofa Beds
- The Best "Grown Up" Futons
- 5 Sources for High Quality Sleeper Sofas
- 11 Stylish Sofas Sure to Fit in the Tiniest of Apartments
Definitely far better looking than your average futon, this is essentially a mid-century sofa that folds down into a bed.
Another more-attractive-than-average futon, which folds out into a double bed.
I love this simple, modern style with just a touch of the midcentury — and this blush color, too.
Other Good Resources:
- 5 Best Apartment Sofas Under $500 - My First Apartment
- 11 Stylish Sleeper Sofas That Are Easy On The Eyes - LA Times
- 9 Sleeper Sofa Beds to Give Guests a Cozy Place to Crash - Best Products
- 12 Affordable (And Chic) Sleeper Sofas For Small Living Spaces - The Financial Diet
IKEA's HIMMENE has a nice, slouchy-cool look that would work equally well in a modern or traditional interior. There's storage underneath the seat for pillows and blankets, which is particularly handy.
A Florence Knoll-esque sleeper sofa at a price that's hard to beat. (This one is even nicer, if you don't mind spending an extra $60.)
Another sub $500 option from Amazon: This one converts into a sofa bed with legs that pop up out of zippered openings at the back of the sofa.