With another spike in pollen this week that shows no signs of abating over the long weekend, we are again looking for some tech solutions to the Spring Problem (what we call allergy season). The last pollen count explosion sent us scrambling for an air filter for our home office and bedroom which we are happy to report has really helped our symptoms. Since both of those are small spaces, we decided to share our air purifier research in the form of a roundup of well reviewed air purifiers that are just perfect for home offices.
- Kenmore PlasmaWave Small Room Air Cleaner: This slim 3- Stage True HEPA air filter features a blue LED control panel and is great for rooms up to 150 square feet. This air filter also has smart sensors to detect pollutants and automatically adjust the fan speed. With its good looks, nice price point, and supposedly "ultra-quiet" operation we wish we had spotted this one first! $99
- Tiger HEPA Air Purifier: This sleek and small air purifier would look great on a desk and has HEPA chops taking care of spaces up to 110 sq. ft. Bonus, it is also currently on sale for $100 off. $180
- Crane Penguin Purifier: For those with a decidedly more fun bent to their home office decor, consider this 5-stage air purifier built for a child's room. $70
- Honeywell 16200 Desktop Purifier: This units compact shape, 4-stage cleaning system, HEPA filter and price won us over when we began our frantic search for a small air purifier (for rooms up to 110 sq. ft.). We've been using this unit in our bedroom for a few weeks now and are happy to report that after the second day of using it we resumed sleeping through the night as if allergy season never happened. $46
- Hamilton Beach True Air 04383: This tiny tower has a permanent HEPA-type air purifier and is suitable for rooms up to 160 sq. ft. $60
- Westinghouse 6-Stage HEPA Air Purifier: Although rated as "small room," this air purifier claims it can clean rooms up to 300 square feet (which makes us realize that living in NYC messes with our room perspective). $70
- Honeywell HFD-010 QuietClean Compact Tower Air Purifier: This compact tower is touted as being "whisper quiet" which is great for concentrating on work in your home office or sleep in your bedroom. $70
- Oransi OVHP44: This interestingly shaped air purifier can cover up to 240 sq. ft. and features a True HEPA filter with sealed design. $389
- Holmes HAP706-U Allergen Remover Mini Tower: Built for rooms up to 80 sq. ft. this air purifier has True HEPA filtration and a washable pre-filter. $70
- Homedics Ar-10 Hepa Air Cleaner (75 Cadr model): The permanent HEPA filter in this slim profile unit will clean the air in a room up to 120 sq. ft. $70
What is the best air purifier you've found for a small home office or bedroom?