Home Office Ideas: How To Create a Stylish & Functional Workspace
Adding an office to a home is possible, no matter the size of your house or living situation. If creating an office is important to you, there are several ideas to implement in order to make an attractive and functional workspace.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
Here are the ten things to consider for a successful home office space:
1. Size of the Desk: Assess the space that you have and determine the size of the desk that will best work with that space. Whether it be a large desk, a small alternative, a shelf that acts as a desk or any of these other options that allow your workspace to blend in at home, you can make it work for your home.
2. Storage: If you don’t have drawers, make your own by making your own desk by adding a board above two cabinets, like on Pretty Providence. Here are some options for the best filing cabinets around.
3. Floating Shelves: These allow you to situate your desk anywhere and with the addition of shelves above the desk, you instantly have extra storage and a space that feels like a set apart space for your work, like this space spotted on Decoist.
4. Decorate the space: Decorating your home office area will help energize your space and create an environment that you will want to spend time in. Consider details like color on the wall and rugs on the floor. Via Casa Brasil.
5. Inspiration Board: Add a bulletin board, inspiration board, or mood board above your desk and fill it with things that inspire you. It could also display your to-do list, calendar or photos. Via My Paradissi.
6. Hide Your Cords: Make your space feel even more clean and organized by hiding all the cords that may get in the way. This shoebox idea was spotted on Ippinka, and here are other ideas for hiding your cords.
7. Vertical Files: If your work requires you to store a lot of paper, consider vertical files to organize and keep it all at arm’s reach, via Apartment Therapy.
8. Comfortable Chair: Make sure that you have a comfortable chair that you will be able to sit in for hours to get work done. via Style Me Pretty.
9. Lighting: Don’t forget good lighting for your desk area. A comfortable chair and good lighting will go a long way. Some great desk lamp options.
10. Accessorize your desk: Personalize your work space with things that make you happy and motivated, like this one on Oh Joy!. Some great DIY ideas for desk organizers and accessories.