Put Down the Paintbrush: 10 Ways to Add Color Without Painting
Are you a color-lover adrift on an ocean of white? Living in a rental where you’re not allowed to paint doesn’t mean you can’t surround yourself with brilliant hues. Here are ten easy ways to add color without ever picking up a paintbrush.
2. Hang a colorful tapestry on the wall.
Like this one from Beatrice & Ramsey’s Cultured Echo Park Casa.
3. Use colorful pillows and throws.
As seen in Christina’s Comfortable, Collected Austin Abode.
4. Or shades in a crazy color, like these malachite ones in a Belgian home spotted on Elle Decor.
5. Invest in a colorful couch.
The red couch in Katie’s Hillside Bungalow makes the room.
6. Or a colorful rug.
Like the Turkish kilim in Natalie and Kevin’s Perfect Parkdale Perch.
→ Real Room Inspiration: Adding Color With Rugs
7. Upholster a set of dining chairs in a vibrant rainbow of colors.
Image from Nuevo Estilo, via Apartment Therapy.
→ Painted Furniture for When You Just Can’t Paint Your Walls
8. Fill your home with plants.
Like Adam and Ashley did. Green is a color.
9. Cover the back of your bookcases with colorful paper.
Sure, this isn’t a traditional bookcase (it’s a stack of IKEA boxes), but you get the idea. Photo from Marie Mersier.
10. Combine any of the above strategies for maximum color.
Bonus points go to Alex and Alina for pairing a colorful rug and colorful art in different shades of blue.