There are those pumpkins that you are in awe of, and can't believe the skill, effort and detail that went into them. And then there are the totally over-the-top pumpkins that just make you laugh. You won’t find a witch, owl, or ghost in these here parts. Instead, here are ten decidedly non-traditional pumpkin carving and decorating ideas that are silly over spooky. Enjoy.
1. Above, Jacolyn Murphy channeled two kings with this Memphis-style tribute.
2. This amazing angler fish is by David Arsenault (and totally reminds me of Finding Nemo).
3. Yes, the traditional Halloween burger is a must. Here, it's done by Studio DIY.
4. Carmody from Paper & Fox went all tropical with this pink flamingo pumpkin. Now, it's really, really yard art.
5. In honor of MLB playoffs, get a load of this baseball pumpkin. eHow shows you how to do it.
6. The smile on this whale's face, from Woman's Day, is everything.
7. Good Housekeeping featured this alien invasion.
8. This alarm clock was entered into last year's carving contest thrown by Built By Kids.
9. This puffer pumpkin was uploaded by Pinterest user Brittany George.
10. And lastly, Lori Eubanks' son made the Stay Puft Marshmallow man last year.