Small bedrooms can present interesting challenges. Where do I store clothes? How can I fit a lamp on a nightstand that's the size of a postage stamp? Here's a roundup of DIY solutions that store the necessities, get the lighting up on the walls, and add a dash of style to tiny bedrooms.
1. Sugar and Cloth hacks an IKEA Malm headboard.
2. A fun, bright headboard from Australian publication Home.
3. Pegboard adds interest and oh so important bedroom storage at Sugar and Cloth.
4. Dabney just made this amazing upholstered headboard in this new tutorial.
5. This Old House creates a floor to ceiling statement headboard using old pallets.
6. Perfect for a small kids' room — DIY loft beds by Manda Townsend.
7. The Bumper Crop fits three boys in one room with clever bunk beds.
8. Bambula created this bed with rolling storage from MDF and IKEA slats. The instructions are translated from Finnish and aren't quite perfect, but the images are very self explanatory.
9. Make use of underbed space with these pullout drawers from Martha Stewart.
10. Super simple underbed storage baskets from Simply Organized.
11. Mini copper and marble shelves are perfect for storing beside essentials in tight spaces. From Merrythought.
12. Sugar and Cloth adds legs to an Ikea cube to create storage and a little height in this bedside table.
13. This tiny wall mounted table from Poppytalk is just big enough for a book and a glass of water.
14. Little Green Notebook utilizes a narrow space with this wall mounted bedside table.
15. Brett Bara's floating bedside table looks good, takes up minimal space, and creates a storage spot. Perfect for a small space!
16. Vintage Revivals repurposes a table lamp into a space-saving wall lamp.
17. It's hard to believe this amazing brass swing light is a simple DIY. Hello Lidy via Apartment Therapy.
18. Sugar and Cloth shares a super easy wall sconce — it's just a light kit and and IKEA bracket!
19. This swing arm wall sconce is perfect for reading in bed. From Apartment Therapy.
20. Design Sponge creates a simple pendant light with fancy electrical cord and a few knots.
21. Simple, suspended clothing bar from Love Aesthetics.
22. A wall mounted jewelry display is a great way to organize accessories without taking up too much precious space. Design Sponge.
23. Natalie at Mint Love Social Club uses every corner of her small space.
24. Hanging folding chairs do double duty as a small closet at Yiconglu.
25. Scandinavian Deko uses wall mounted racks in a walkway to store clothing and blankets. I would love to see this done with old ladders.
(Image credits: Sugar and Cloth; Homes; Sugar and Cloth; Dabney Frake; This Old House; Manda Townsend; The Bumper Crop; Bambula; Martha Stewart; Simply Organized; Merry Thought; Sugar and Cloth; Poppytalk; Little Green Notebook; Brett Bara; Vintage Revivals; Hello Lidy; Sugar and Cloth; Design Sponge; Love Aesthetics; Design Sponge; Mint Love Social Club; Yiconglu; Scandinavian Deko)